Effective skincare for blemish and acne-prone skin
Acne is primarily an inflammatory disease. Inflammation is present at all stages of acne − ranging from non-visible micro-inflammation to visibly inflamed papules and pustules1.
The Eucerin DERMOPURE range has been specially formulated to work against the main causes and concerns of blemish- and acne-prone skin:
- micro-inflammation: the root cause of the acne cycle
- excess sebum production which is also known as seborrhea
- hyperkeratosis (a thickening of the external layers of skin) which then leads to blackheads and whiteheads
- bacterial growth which leads to visible inflammation in the form of papules and pustules
Additionally, many people experience post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation of the skin, so called post-acne marks, long after blemishes on the skin have vanished. Eucerin also offers skincare products that tackle these post-acne marks.
Key actives in the formulas include:
- Licochalcone A: a highly effective anti-inflammatory that soothes irritations and helps to reduce redness
- Salicylic Acid: an antibacterial ingredient with a comedolytic effect that reduces blemishes and prevents them from re-appearing
- Thiamidol: a patented ingredient proven to reduce dark spots and prevent their re-appearance
- Sebum-regulating technology: reduces sebum
The DERMOPURE Skin Renewal Treatment also contains:
- 10% Hydroxy Complex: a highly effective combination of peeling agents (Glycolic-, Salicylic- and Polyhydroxy Acids) that helps to resurface skin, unclog pores, reduce P. acnes (bacteria) and remove dead skin cells
The DERMOPURE Triple Effect Serum also contains:
- Thiamidol, a patented ingredient proven to reduce post-acne marks (post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation or PIH) and prevent their appearance.
- Sun exposure can also darken post-acne marks and prolong the time they take to fade. Eucerin DermoPure Protective Fluid SPF 30 helps to prevent this with SPF 30 UVA/B protection, with added blemish-preventing Decanediol in an effective anti-shine fluid.
The range includes mild but effective cleansers and a selection of care products specially formulated for acne-prone skin many of which are suitable for use alongside medical acne treatment.
Clinical and dermatological studies prove that the products are compatible with blemish- and acne-prone skin and very effective at treating and relieving symptoms.